Children’s Hospital Colorado Sale is Going on Now
Children like Armando are the reason that Schomp Automotive raises funds every year for the Children’s Hospital Colorado Burn Center. This year marks the 29th year for our Children’s Hospital Colorado Sale – it runs Monday, July 22 through Saturday, July 27. During the sale, we will donate a portion of the profits from the sale of each new and pre-owned vehicle to the Burn Center. The money goes toward caring for children like Armando who have suffered life-threatening burns.
Since 1990, Schomp has contributed close to $400,000 to Children’s Hospital Colorado
There are a few unique highlights of this sale we want to let you know about.
- This is the one time a year that we offer additional savings on top of our discounted Schomp “One Price.”
- For each vehicle sold during the sale, Schomp will make a donation benefiting the Children’s Hospital Colorado Burn Center.
- No purchase is necessary to make donations to the cause. Donation stations are set up around the dealerships and all donations will directly benefit the Children’s Hospital Colorado Burn Center.
- This sale gets busy, so appointments are strongly suggested.
Our 2019 Children’s Hospital Colorado Sale Ambassador
In July 2017, Armando was involved in a firecracker accident. Tragically, his hands were caught in the blast. He came to the Burn Unit at Children’s Hospital Colorado where doctors had more bad news – Armando’s left hand was so badly injured that it had to be amputated. Now, two years later, Armando has undergone six surgeries to repair the damage. He’s always maintained a positive attitude, and he looks forward to getting an electric prosthetic hand.
Armando’s time spent with the Children’s Hospital Colorado Burn Center made for a transformative experience. It helped him to build his confidence, and he hopes to be able to pay it forward by generating awareness so that other kids can receive the help that he did in the future. The Children’s Hospital Colorado Burn Center staff chose Armando to be the Center’s 2019 Ambassador due to his outlook and mentorship. He has visited the Schomp campus and will be on hand during part of the sale week.
This is our most significant and emotion-driven sale, and while it has a very serious purpose, there are fun activities planned throughout the week across our two campuses, including:
- Kids’ safety demonstrations
- CPR classes by area firefighters and trainers
- Appearances by local radio and sports celebrities
- Ice cream socials, bounce houses, face painters, food and music
- Partners like Humane Society of South Platte Valley with their sponsored Pup Mobile
- Families can go home with their very own Schomp-branded fire hats!
We look forward to seeing you at this year’s Children’s Hospital Colorado Sale.