What Makes the All-New 2022 Honda Civic the Best Civic Yet? Everything!
Headlines tell a great story about Honda’s all-new, 11th generation Civic:
- 2022 Honda Civic Sedan dials up wow factor … – MotorAuthority.com
- 2022 Honda Civic: The Go-To Compact Car Gets More Refined – kbb.com
- 2022 Honda Civic debuts with fabulous new interior – MSN.com
- 2022 Honda Civic Interior Review: Segment Superstar – Motortrend.com
We think the 2022 Honda Civic, due to be released this month will live up to its advance billing…and then some. The critics – and they’re called “critics” for a reason – are pretty enthusiastic. For instance, Craig Cole of MSN.com’s Road/Show bubbled, “This 11th generation Civic promises to be safer and more comfortable than its predecessor, plus it offers new feathers, a much-improved cabin and even slightly better fuel economy. In short, it should be the best Civic yet.”
Here’s the new Honda Civic by the numbers:
- Two engines – 1.5-liter turbo inline-4 delivering 180 hp and 177 lb-ft torque; 2.0-liter inline-4 offering 158 hp and 138 lb-ft torque – both have continuously variable automatic transmissions.
- Four trimlines – LX, Sport, EX and Touring
- Four body types – Sedan (this summer), Hatchback and Si (later this year), Type R (2022)
- >30 mpg – EPA-estimated city fuel economy on all models: 2.0-liter engine = 31/40 mpg (LX sedan), 30/37 mpg (Sport sedan); 1.5-liter engine = 33/42 mpg (EX sedan), 31/38 mpg (Touring sedan)
- Two (or three) driving modes – Normal and Eco on LX and EX; Normal, Eco and Sport on Sport and Touring
Honda clearly understands that style is important. The 2022 Honda Civic’s exterior “has taken a dramatic turn,” according to kbb.com. “One thing’s for certain: The simplified and refined body lines create a far more sophisticated-looking compact sedan.” The back seat has ample legroom for adult passengers.
The interior styling, according to thedrive.com, “…goes back to basics with an interior design philosophy that pledges to put driving first,” with clean lines, excellent visibility and easy-to-use controls. Reviewers really liked the honeycomb strip that hides the a/c vents. New front seats are built for better comfort.
A 7-inch touchscreen is standard but on the Touring trim there’s a 9-inch screen with a 12-speaker Bose audio system. And in addition to the digital screens, there are also physical controls for volume and tuning. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are standard and there’s wireless device charging on the Touring.
Honda has always been known for surefooted driving. The 2022 Honda Civic continues to be front-wheel drive. But the driving feel is better, with more rigidity, stability and responsiveness. And safety continues to be a Honda calling-card with the Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies standard, including Collision Mitigation Braking, Road Departure Mitigation, Lane Keeping Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control and Traffic Signal Recognition. Blind Spot Information with Cross Traffic Monitor is available. There’s new airbag technology, too, that’s designed to reduce airbag neck and brain injuries among drivers and front passengers. Side airbags help protect rear passengers.
In short, this new 2022 Honda Civic is everything we hoped for, and more. And as a bonus, all versions will be built in North America.
Schomp Honda is looking forward to showing off the all-new 2022 Honda Civic when it hits our showroom in just a few weeks. Now that we’re on the downhill side of Covid-19, we’re thrilled we can welcome you safely in person.
*Based on EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery-pack age/condition, and other factors.